Here are a few friendly reminders as we finish off the summer and head into the fall.
- Filing your HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION, over 65, or disabled vet exemption:
You only need to file this once, so if you have previously filed your Homestead Exemption on the home you are currently occupying, you do not need to do it again. However, if you recently purchased your home or have never filed a homestead exemption on the home you are occupying, you will definitely want to take advantage of the tax savings. Filing your Homestead Exemption will save you money on your property taxes. You can file this online, but before you file, you need to make sure the address on your driver’s license matches the home for which you are occupying and applying for a homestead exemption. If not, renew your DL before filing for the exemptions.
Please visit https://forms.bellcad.org/#/a/form/HomesteadExemption/new to complete the homestead exemption form.
If you are a disabled vet or survivor of a disabled vet, visit https://forms.bellcad.org/#/a/form/DisabledVet/new.
Please visit https://www.wcad.org/online-exemption-information/.
If you are in a different county and need assistance in finding the proper form, please let me know. We will be happy to help.
Again, this will save you money on your property taxes.
- Changing batteries in your smoke detectors: Now, is a good time to check the batteries/change the batteries in all your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.🙂
- Changing HVAC filters: It is recommended to change your heating and air conditioning filters every couple months (every 30 days if you have pets or smoke), but….if you forgot, then now is a great time to change those filters. Having clean filters will help your HVAC system run more efficiently.
- We will be holding our annual Winter Client Appreciation Event again this December. Once date and time is secured, I’ll be sending you a Save the Date email! You won’t want to miss it!
- And just in case you haven’t bookmarked our team website, please do that!!! We have started posting fun and helpful weekly blogs! We have also added 4 new agents to our team since the first of the year! Our team is now 8 strong! We specialize in Residential, Farm and Ranch, Luxury Living, Investment. Our area of expertise reaches all over Central Texas. Check out the site and meet our new team members! 😉
** Many people have asked how the market is doing. Well….that’s a very involved question and answer. We follow many housing report sites and do our best to keep up with trends. Basically, we seem to be back to a market more similar to 2019. Buyers have negotiating power again. Sellers are seeing prices more inline with list price and may be needing cover some buyer’s closing costs again. As interest rates rise and fall, some sellers are even offering incentives again to get offers on their home! And many lenders are offering a point buy-down program as well. While the markets remain volatile, Real Estate continues to be a suggested investment to have in your portfolio.
As always, we remain attentive to the market and are here to help you with any real estate needs. Referrals are always appreciated and welcomed and remain our major form of income. So, if you have a friend looking for a REALTOR, please ask them to give us a call. We will be honored to work with them.